The bulk of this trip was spent driving around Yamanashi and Nagano prefectures, but (as usual) I also spent some time in Tokyo on my way in.
Two days in Tokyo
My Japan 2017 autumn trip started with a couple of days in Tokyo, where I visited some familiar as well as some new sites.
Yamanashi-Nagano road trip
10 days road trip around Yamanashi and Nagano prefectures (with a brief detour to Shizuoka), starting and ending in Kofu. October 18 – 27, 2017.
- Day 1 – Fuji 5 Lakes
- Day 2 – Fujinomiya (Shiraito Falls, Fujisan Hongu Sengen Taisha)
- Day 3 – Minobusan Kuonji, Shimobe Onsen
- Day 4 – Hayakawa Valley, Hottarakashi Onsen, Yumura Onsen
- Day 5 – Suwa (Lake Suwako)
- Day 6 – Suwa (Takashima Castle, Suwa Taisha, Manji Stone Buddha)
- Day 7 – Kiso Valley (Ono-no-taki, Nesame-no-toko, Kiso-no-kakehashi, Kiso-Fukushima, From Kiso Valley to Shirahone Onsen)
- Day 8 – Matsumoto
- Day 9 – Yatsugatake and Kofu (Shosenkyo)
- Day 10 – Kofu (Takeda Shrine, Keitokuin, Saruhashi, Kofu Castle)
Shimobe Onsen and Hayakawa Valley
Manji Stone Buddha
Kiso Valley: Ono-no taki, Nezame-no toko, Kiso-no Kakehashi
From Kiso Valley to Shimobe Onsen